AIPC Pandora offers the possibility to participate as a volunteer individual development cooperation projects in countries where we have local partners and projects in need of international volunteers. The duration of these projects is 1 to 6 months.
The volunteers traveling to countries and are inserted in the daily work of organisations that develop the projects listed in this section. With short-term projects there is no external funding for them, which means that the costs of accommodation and meals are borne by the participants.
The requirements are basically the motivation of the person having the experience that occurs and, depending on the project will assess the collective experience served.
It´s requiered conversational level of the "colonial" language in the country visited.
If you are interested in participating in any of the projects listed in this section, you can download the registration form here (in Spanish for Spanish speaking countries and in English for other destinations), and send it filled along with a curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation (also in English for projects in non-Hispanic-speaking countries). You have to send all these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. From that moment, we will reserve your place on the project you've chosen.
AIPC Pandora will give you the project you have requested at least three weeks prior to departure and it is at this moment that you have to pay the costs of accommodation and meals for the months of your stay. Between confirmation of placement on a specific project and departure date the following activities will be undertaken:
- Personal interview with the volunteer. The interview will take place at the headquarters of AIPC-PANDORA, in Madrid, or in the regions where AIPC PANDORA has its local representatives: in Galicia and the Balearic Islands.
- International Voluntary Service and Intercultural Coexistence Preparation Course. Quarter course taught in Madrid by several AIPC PANDORA partners using a participatory methodology that touches upon issues of intercultural communication, identity ... For people who do not live in Madrid we offer a training session of 10 hours.
- Buying the ticket. AIPC Pandora is working with a travel agency of responsible tourism and can provide its contact details. However, tickets are usually cheaper if purchased on the Internet and in any case, this must be carried out by the volunteer. Prior to departure AIPC PANDORA must have details of both roundtrip flights and complete itinerary of the volunteer.
- Mandatory medical insurance. AIPC Pandora is working with an insurance company and can take over the management of this process, reporting on the rules and conditions of the insurance to the volunteer. The volunteer can be insured with any company. If they already have coverage, you should know the conditions. PANDORA AIPC should have a copy of such insurance prior to departure of the volunteer.
- Visa. The paperwork for visas and residence permits are made by the volunteer. In any case, AIPC Pandora may provide contact details of all embassies or consulates, and provide a certificate of participation in the program if necessary. The host organisation may also make an invitation letter if it is required for processing of visa (usually a tourist, since there are no volunteer and no justification to work).
- Vaccinations. The volunteer must have followed the immunisation schedule for their age and learn at the health center in time for the necessary vaccinations for the country. You can also consult detailed and updated information on the web: http://www.cdc.gov/travel.
The administrative expenses of AIPC-Pandora in these projects is 150 euros, but will not be paid until you confirm that the selected project (or, failing that, another with similar characteristics) is available. From that point, you make the payment on the account number indicated at the end of the registration form.
What is an individual volunteer project?
International Volunteer Projects are volunteering experiences that are for individuals, who are inserted into the daily work of a local organisation and collaborate in their programs.
What is the difference between volunteering and micro international cooperation?
The micro-group interventions cooperation are 21 days, which are entrusted with very specific tasks that begin and end with the group while in international volunteering is done individually, the person is inserted into the daily work of an organisation and the duration is 1 to 6 months. In addition, micro-co-operation is carried out in summer, while the individual volunteer is operating throughout the year at any time.
What places are there?
For this year we have Individual Volunteer projects in Latin America (Guatemala, Peru, Chile and Argentina), Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Mali and Morocco) and China. You can view the projects on our website.
Are there predetermined departure dates?
In principle no, Individual Voluntary programs are available for request at any time of year, depending on the needs of the volunteer and the availability of projects.
How long are the projects?
A minimum of one month and a maximum of 6 months.
You are organising everything (accommodation, meals, local transportation etc)?
Yes, AIPC Pandora, in coordination with the local association take care of organising your stay in terms of accommodation and meals, local transportation, etc.
What is the fee and when do I pay?
Once we receive your registration form, your CV and your cover letter, you can make payment of the fee at any time. This fee, which also serves as a deposit, is 150 euros. Note that until you do pay the actual registration fee, your place is not booked.
Do I have to get insurance?
You can get through the travel agency we work with, but you can find your own the travel insurance if you choose. Always submit a copy to AIPC Pandora insurance before departure.
Do I have to do a training course?
We have a Volunteer Preparation Course International and Intercultural Coexistence AIPC Pandora develops quarterly for 11 weeks, itis free and people who are volunteering with us will have a place reserved.
In all projects, we have a meeting with you, you will be explained the project as well as basic aspects of international volunteering and customs.
I don’t live in Madrid do you have representation in other communities?
From this year, AIPC Pandora has representatives in Barcelona, Alicante, Murcia, Palma de Mallorca, Sevilla, Leon, Burgos and Oviedo. These people are responsible for making briefings, interviews and small formations locally.
What if I have to cancel the trip?
The cancellation policy AIPC Pandora is the following:
- Registration for the project (150 euros) is not returned except in cases of severe disease (upon production of supporting documents) of the participants, natural disasters or conflicts at the destination.
- If the program is canceled with more than 5 weeks before departure 100% of cost are refunded, except for 150 euros a reserved place.
- If the program is canceled with less than 5 weeks before departure will not be refunded any amount, except in cases of serious illness of the participants (on presentation of supporting documents), natural disasters or conflicts at the destination.